Tuesday, October 1, 2013

WELCOME TO OUR HOME

Despite the incredible poverty all around us, the mission elders were able to find us an apartment that is really beautiful.  All floors are tile and there really is no carpeting in the Dominican Republic.  Why?  Because it is so hot.  Not that I'm complaining mind you.  Who doesn't like sweat dripping down their back 24 hours a day?  Everyone has fans blowing in their apartments.  Now you may think that is to keep us cool, but in reality the fans keep the mosquitoes at bay.  The mosquitoes are so small that the fans whisk them away.

We live on the top floor of this home.  As you walk through the door, you see the dining area and kitchen to your left.  It was fully furnished and lots of essentials were ready for us in the kitchen!  I even have a full sized stove (which is rare in apartments).  However, I will have to guess what temperature to bake things at because there is no temperature indicator on the gauge.  Hmmm, I wonder how that will work?!  We are very grateful for such a wonderful place to call our home for 18 months.
Top Floor Apartment
My new ISUZU truck!
Kitchen, complete with full size stove
Dining Area


Step up into the living room
Guest Bedroom. . .you are all welcome to stay!
Master Bedroom
Bathroom, complete with running water!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to have your blog. It will be so fun to follow your adventures!! I know the Lord will bless your efforts and you will be such a blessing to the people there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is waaaaaaay better than a cruise!!!! :) everything about this just makes me smile!!! (Except the you being gone part, I don't like that.) loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Me too, Its Richard, I am using a weird hyjacked mane they assigned me

    ReplyDelete